Journalist of the Month
The Fix: Best Ohio Political Blogs-2009
The Fix: Best-named blog
2008 Most Influential Person
The New York Times on The New Momism in Politics
The New York Times on Ohio Midterms
The Plain Dealer on electing women The Jewish Weekly on Twitter, Gaza & Israel
The Washington Post on Obama's influence on parenting
- COMMUNITY FORUM on Shared Services/Merger Draft Final Report: November 18 at 7pm, Orange High School
- Graphic Treatment of What You Need To Know About New Abortion Laws
- TONIGHT: Pepper Pike Civic League Candidates & Issues Night
- TODAY: Pepper Pike Ice Cream Social
- August 28 in Cleveland: MARCH ON WASHINGTON FOR JOBS & FREEDOM 50TH ANNIVERSARY!
- Zimon Announces Candidacy for Ohio House District 12
- Political Dynasties: Like Mother or Like Father, Like Daughter
- Finally, the Media Treatment City Council Meetings Deserve
- Decisions by Governor, State Legislators Shut Out Public and Further Erodes Ohio’s Integrity
- [video] “How the New Ohio Budget Affects Your Vagina”
The illustration in question is meant to be a humorous depiction of Portland’s (and perhaps much of Oregon’s) democratic population’s preference of Obama over Clinton. The picture makes the joke that Portland is in love with Obama, hence the harlequin romance novel treatment. Originally we were going to do a similar cover with Obama making out with Portlandia (a Lady Liberty-style statue that has oft represented our fair city in local cartoons), but we felt that it wouldn’t read as well outside of Portland.
I’m glad it rendered at least a giggle, and thanks for your interest in my work
Mystery solved. And very interesting.
So – now what do folks think?
Mothers Mean Business When It Comes to Governing
Find Me On
2011 Campaign Innovator Award
Category Specific RSSPepper Pike
Notorious Women through History
Our Bodies, Our Blog