- Writes Like She Talks - http://www.writeslikeshetalks.com -
Remains of the Day, 5/29/08
Posted By Jill Miller Zimon On May 29, 2008 @ 10:53 pm In Politics,Remains of the Day | Comments Disabled
1. Eeeee-uuuuuuu. 
3. GOP candidate for OH-10 Jim Trakas (versus incumbent Dennis Kucinich) comments  on the OSU game ticket fiasco with Stte Rep. Widowfield:
Lawmakers often give out the tickets to constituents, a local Boy Scout troop or other community group, said former state Rep. Jim Trakas. It is also common practice to sell the tickets at face value, and the legislative e-mail system lights up every fall as members and staff seek tickets to desired games, he said.
But reports are, that’s not what Widowfield was doing:
A state lawmaker from northeast Ohio has resigned amid allegations that he purchased Ohio State football tickets with campaign funds and resold them for a profit.
State Rep. John Widowfield, a Republican  from Cuyahoga Falls near Akron, submitted his resignation Wednesday in a two-sentence letter. Republican House Speaker Jon Husted acknowledged the resignation in a one-sentence letter without further comment.
Ohio Daily Blog has more here. 
4. Check out this rating  of the finance sections of the online versions of the top 25 newspapers:
15. The Cleveland Plain Dealer’s  online money section does better than most by leading with its strength which is local writers working on local subjects. Most of the rest of the section is moved off to the side, and that makes sense for wire stories and content from MSNBC and CNN. Readers can get that anywhere. The design is very modest. Interactive features are basic. But, the editor knows how to play his one ace. Grade B
Marie Wilson (head of White House Project)
Oh – and me. Plus several others. There’s still room left if you want to apply. 
6. Nice reminder of why Nancy Rogers was a superb choice  for Ohio AG.
7. Thank you Angela  for this from the heart version of what it’s like to support a candidate, even seeing their flaws and not having only sipped from Kool-Aid. Really great post. I swear, I really wish I felt that way about anybody right now.
8. Bad American wrote about it first , before I saw it later in the day through a news update from one of the local outlets. I agree with the Bad One on this: throw the graduation robes over the military uniform. Everyone else has to throw it over their clothes even if they were The Resident Geek, The Resident Cool Guy or The Resident Cool Girl.
11. Okay – is Scott McClellan any different from Emily Gould?  I don’t know, but believe it or not, Karl Rove, being called a left-wing blogger is far from an insult. In fact, being called anything remotely related to Karl Rove is an insult – so, you know, you might want to think about this.
12. Comparative MBA shopping . Another who knew.
13. You are a complete asshat.  There. I said it. What a stupid, stupid post. Talk about people with a tendency to be sociopaths. You must subscribe to the Kevin Coughlin let’s live all the deadly sins rule for life. Gawd.
Article printed from Writes Like She Talks: http://www.writeslikeshetalks.com
URL to article: http://www.writeslikeshetalks.com/2008/05/29/remains-of-the-day-52908/
URLs in this post:
 Eeeee-uuuuuuu.: http://www.dispatchpolitics.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/05/29/copy/AG_EMAILS.ART_ART_05-29-08_A4_MDABFKF.html?adsec=politics&sid=101
 No, for the last time, no.: http://www.forward.com/articles/13481/
 Holly in Cincinnati.: http://themoderatevoice.com/author/holly
 comments: http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080529/UPDATES01/80529014
 Republican: http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080529/UPDATES01/80529014#
 here.: http://www.ohiodailyblog.com/content/oh-house-42-widowfield-r-resigns-amid-investigation-football-ticket-sales
 this rating: http://www.247wallst.com/2008/05/rating-the-onli.html
 Cleveland Plain Dealer’s: http://cleveland.com/plaindealer
 Here’s: http://www.columbusalive.com/?sec=upfront&story=alive/2008/0529/u-vote.html
 Columbus Alive!: http://www.columbusalive.com/
 apply.: http://www.thewhitehouseproject.org/voterunlead/gorun/2008/OH/OHGoRun2008.php
 why Nancy Rogers was a superb choice: http://www.pointoflaw.com/archives/2008/05/stricklands-choice-for-ohio-ag.php
 Thank you Angela: http://www.brewedfreshdaily.com/2008/one-volunteers-story
 Bad American wrote about it first: http://badamerican.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/chardon-graduation-its-about-comforming-to-rules-guys-the-military-teaches-that/
 Will Nancy Pelosi really step in?: http://magnoopere.blogspot.com/2008/05/pelosis-promise.html
 not end up with a Jimmy Carter.: http://www.writeslikeshetalks.com/2008/05/29/dead-man-prognosticating-carter-obama-and-exactly-why-i-voted-for-clinton/
 Castle Doctrine crap: http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/2008/05/guns.html
 read this: http://www.ohiodailyblog.com/content/strickland-yields-gun-lobby
 is Scott McClellan any different from Emily Gould?: http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272620776.shtml
 Comparative MBA shopping: http://www.thembatour.com/profile/College/ViewUniversities.aspx?TourID=15
 You are a complete asshat.: http://massdiscussion.blogspot.com/2008/05/dems-name-placeholder-for-dirty-danns.html
 The Cincy Enquirer: http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=414151&Category=3&subCategoryID=