Journalist of the Month
The Fix: Best Ohio Political Blogs-2009
The Fix: Best-named blog
2008 Most Influential Person
The New York Times on The New Momism in Politics
The New York Times on Ohio Midterms
The Plain Dealer on electing women The Jewish Weekly on Twitter, Gaza & Israel
The Washington Post on Obama's influence on parenting
Your Elected Officials
- In the PD: “Speak up to attain power, women told”
- How Low Can We Go?
- Another Bucket List Item To Be Achieved!
- Prescription Drug Abuse: Who do you know who is “Legally Addicted”?
- Never Giving Up on Making the Ideal Real
- Journalism? Social Media? What the hell is that thing?
- The Power of the Civic Commons – Watch It
- Sanford, New York Doesn’t Need A Ban on Fracking Talk – They Need the Civic Commons
- One Small Step for Hello Kitty, One Giant Step for Girls in Science
- Statement from Ohio Board of Education President, Debe Terhar, on Hitler Facebook Post
- How Low Can We Go? (1)
- yiran: asasa
- Another Bucket List Item To Be Achieved! (1)
- Beatrice L.: It seems like Gilbert doesn’t care one bit about the ill-will he’s...
- Statement to Ohio Board of Education February 11, 2013 Meeting (3)
- Eric: RE: “ignorance and ideology that only serves to make Americans more uninformed”...
- The Power of the Civic Commons – Watch It (2)
- Statement from Ohio Board of Education President, Debe Terhar, on Hitler Facebook Post (4)
- One Small Step for Hello Kitty, One Giant Step for Girls in Science (1)
- up2jj: It’s really funny!
- How Low Can We Go? (1)
I tweeted and posted an update to my Facebook account several hours ago about this, but I know a few WLST readers don’t do either Twitter or Facebook so let me put it here:
Today, I received an email from Air America that said I’ve garnered enough support in their win a cruise with Air America Contest to place me in the Top 5 most nominated contestants in the event. I have until Thursday, December 3rd to stay in the Top 5 before the second voting round begins.
The contest winner gets a free seven day cruise through the Mexican Riviera from March 6 – 13, 2010 with Gov. Howard Dean, Rachel Maddow, Robert Kennedy Jr, Ron Reagan, and other leading progressives. Given how often we read other pundits lament, “Where are all the lady political bloggers,” I’m thinking it’s high time we raise the profile of the only female political blogger to run for and get elected to office, in the country (or so Alan Rosenblatt and I have calculated so far.)
It only takes a minute to submit a nomination for me to help stay in the top 5 for the final vote.
What you need to do:
- Click Here to get to the page on Air America’s site.
- Scroll down, enter your name, your email address, my name “Jill Miller Zimon” and then cut and past in this website address for WLST: http://writeslikeshetalks.com
- Then press submit! That’s it!
I promise to send you a postcard – and bring you back some sand?
How Low Can We Go?
Mothers Mean Business When It Comes to Governing
Find Me On
2011 Campaign Innovator Award
Category Specific RSSPepper Pike
Notorious Women through History
Our Bodies, Our Blog