Journalist of the Month
The Fix: Best Ohio Political Blogs-2009
The Fix: Best-named blog
2008 Most Influential Person
The New York Times on The New Momism in Politics
The New York Times on Ohio Midterms
The Plain Dealer on electing women The Jewish Weekly on Twitter, Gaza & Israel
The Washington Post on Obama's influence on parenting
- 5 Thinks You’ll Never Know Until You Run For Office
- Straight Sportscaster in Dallas Smacks Down Homophobic Hypocrisy – and Quotes Audre Lorde!
- It’s the policies, stupid
- Doonesbury takes on How To Train Males to Run Against Female Candidates
- Is this thing still on?
- COMMUNITY FORUM on Shared Services/Merger Draft Final Report: November 18 at 7pm, Orange High School
- Graphic Treatment of What You Need To Know About New Abortion Laws
- TONIGHT: Pepper Pike Civic League Candidates & Issues Night
- TODAY: Pepper Pike Ice Cream Social
- August 28 in Cleveland: MARCH ON WASHINGTON FOR JOBS & FREEDOM 50TH ANNIVERSARY!
Love her, hate her, demonize her, but U.S. Representative and outgoing Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is running for Minority Leader. Yesterday morning I posted this entry about whether she should run (and I said yes). I made sure those I know who know those who should know read what I wrote.
There is a serious backlash about to be felt if those on the Hill do not realize that with women barely making gains, if any, at the federal level, and losing at the state legislatures, women will dig in and retrench and be back. And those who are already in positions that can be leveraged for leadership are seeking and should be expected to seek more and more visible roles to show that we don’t fade.
The end of men meme was a linkbait fiasco but the political courage to challenge the status quo and speak up only gets strengthened when we see one person and then another and another do it.
Sigh – it doesn’t even have to be this way. But when you write headlines like “Bachmann leadership bid adds drama” and show her getting makeup applied to her face – hello? Remember the whole Hillary Clinton The New Republic “hysteria” cover blow-up? We don’t have to take it and we’re not going to take it.
So take that. And good luck to Pelosi. She’s going to need it!
Mothers Mean Business When It Comes to Governing
Find Me On
2011 Campaign Innovator Award
Category Specific RSSPepper Pike
Notorious Women through History
Our Bodies, Our Blog