Journalist of the Month
The Fix: Best Ohio Political Blogs-2009
The Fix: Best-named blog
2008 Most Influential Person
The New York Times on The New Momism in Politics
The New York Times on Ohio Midterms
The Plain Dealer on electing women The Jewish Weekly on Twitter, Gaza & Israel
The Washington Post on Obama's influence on parenting
- 5 Thinks You’ll Never Know Until You Run For Office
- Straight Sportscaster in Dallas Smacks Down Homophobic Hypocrisy – and Quotes Audre Lorde!
- It’s the policies, stupid
- Doonesbury takes on How To Train Males to Run Against Female Candidates
- Is this thing still on?
- COMMUNITY FORUM on Shared Services/Merger Draft Final Report: November 18 at 7pm, Orange High School
- Graphic Treatment of What You Need To Know About New Abortion Laws
- TONIGHT: Pepper Pike Civic League Candidates & Issues Night
- TODAY: Pepper Pike Ice Cream Social
- August 28 in Cleveland: MARCH ON WASHINGTON FOR JOBS & FREEDOM 50TH ANNIVERSARY!
And the cost of renovating the space to which the House Parliamentarian will move is not even figured in yet. Politico has the details, which includes information that in 2007, when Nancy Pelosi came in, Democrats did look at taking care of the long-standing issue but decided that the cost was prohibitive.
Most fun quote:
“This is about respect for female members of the House,” said [Speaker-to-be-John Boehner's spokesman Michael] Steel.
In the best Amy Poehler voice, “Really? Really?“ Well – okay – great. I look forward to all the ways in which Boehner is going to show respect for female members of the House. Let the respect begin (especially as Aretha is ailing, very very sadly).
Anyone want to write up a Top Ten Ways To Show Respect For Female Members of the House list?
Mothers Mean Business When It Comes to Governing
Find Me On
2011 Campaign Innovator Award
Category Specific RSSPepper Pike
Notorious Women through History
Our Bodies, Our Blog