Journalist of the Month
The Fix: Best Ohio Political Blogs-2009
The Fix: Best-named blog
2008 Most Influential Person
The New York Times on The New Momism in Politics
The New York Times on Ohio Midterms
The Plain Dealer on electing women The Jewish Weekly on Twitter, Gaza & Israel
The Washington Post on Obama's influence on parenting
Your Elected Officials
- How Low Can We Go?
- Another Bucket List Item To Be Achieved!
- Prescription Drug Abuse: Who do you know who is “Legally Addicted”?
- Never Giving Up on Making the Ideal Real
- Journalism? Social Media? What the hell is that thing?
- The Power of the Civic Commons – Watch It
- Sanford, New York Doesn’t Need A Ban on Fracking Talk – They Need the Civic Commons
- One Small Step for Hello Kitty, One Giant Step for Girls in Science
- Statement from Ohio Board of Education President, Debe Terhar, on Hitler Facebook Post
- Statement to Ohio Board of Education February 11, 2013 Meeting
- How Low Can We Go? (1)
- yiran: asasa
- Another Bucket List Item To Be Achieved! (1)
- Beatrice L.: It seems like Gilbert doesn’t care one bit about the ill-will he’s...
- Statement to Ohio Board of Education February 11, 2013 Meeting (3)
- Eric: RE: “ignorance and ideology that only serves to make Americans more uninformed”...
- The Power of the Civic Commons – Watch It (2)
- Statement from Ohio Board of Education President, Debe Terhar, on Hitler Facebook Post (4)
- One Small Step for Hello Kitty, One Giant Step for Girls in Science (1)
- up2jj: It’s really funny!
- How Low Can We Go? (1)
Kudos to The Plain Dealer for Releasing All Mayoral Endorsements Together, Before Vote-by-Mail Starts
Now, I haven’t double checked to be sure that it is in fact ALL the competitive mayoral races in the county (as opposed to ones in other counties that might get the PD and ones where there is no challenger), but it looks that way.
And I must say, thank you.
I can’t dredge up the post or email that I know I wrote last year, during the County Council campaigns, in which I expressed extreme distress over how the PD was rolling out it’s endorsements one at a time, and not in what seemed to be in any order, and sometimes before the mail-in start day, and sometimes well past that, but I know that I did communicate to someone there just how unhappy it made me and how easy it seemed to be to remedy.
And remedy it they did: today, in the FORUM section of the Sunday PD, the entire left-hand side page was full of the endorsements, text, photos, conclusion. Again, you can read them all online here.
Now, whether those endorsements have other issues you may find, I’m not addressing that in this post. But I think it is SUPREMELY superior to have these endorsements all come out at the same time so as not to benefit or be to the detriment of any one candidate or community.
Thank you – I noticed. And I bet a few others did too. Hmm, maybe I will even go leave this comment on the cleveland.com comment page.
How Low Can We Go?
Mothers Mean Business When It Comes to Governing
Find Me On
2011 Campaign Innovator Award
Category Specific RSSPepper Pike
Notorious Women through History
Our Bodies, Our Blog