Journalist of the Month
The Fix: Best Ohio Political Blogs-2009
The Fix: Best-named blog
2008 Most Influential Person
The New York Times on The New Momism in Politics
The New York Times on Ohio Midterms
The Plain Dealer on electing women The Jewish Weekly on Twitter, Gaza & Israel
The Washington Post on Obama's influence on parenting
Your Elected Officials
- In the PD: “Speak up to attain power, women told”
- How Low Can We Go?
- Another Bucket List Item To Be Achieved!
- Prescription Drug Abuse: Who do you know who is “Legally Addicted”?
- Never Giving Up on Making the Ideal Real
- Journalism? Social Media? What the hell is that thing?
- The Power of the Civic Commons – Watch It
- Sanford, New York Doesn’t Need A Ban on Fracking Talk – They Need the Civic Commons
- One Small Step for Hello Kitty, One Giant Step for Girls in Science
- Statement from Ohio Board of Education President, Debe Terhar, on Hitler Facebook Post
- How Low Can We Go? (1)
- yiran: asasa
- Another Bucket List Item To Be Achieved! (1)
- Beatrice L.: It seems like Gilbert doesn’t care one bit about the ill-will he’s...
- Statement to Ohio Board of Education February 11, 2013 Meeting (3)
- Eric: RE: “ignorance and ideology that only serves to make Americans more uninformed”...
- The Power of the Civic Commons – Watch It (2)
- Statement from Ohio Board of Education President, Debe Terhar, on Hitler Facebook Post (4)
- One Small Step for Hello Kitty, One Giant Step for Girls in Science (1)
- up2jj: It’s really funny!
- How Low Can We Go? (1)
WARNING: Expletives used.
Here in Northeast Ohio, Monday morning shattered when news of a high school junior shooting several of his schoolmates started streaming into my inbox via news alerts.
At 8:18 a.m., I read: Breaking News: Report: Geauga County Sheriff’s Department and OSHP heading to Chardon High School (the original item isn’t even there anymore, there’ve been so many updates)
I didn’t have to read another word before saying the trifecta out loud to an empty house, “G-ddamnit. Shit. Fuck.”
Even as I write this, my stomach cramps up, my lower lids fill up and I bite my lip drawing in a huge sigh.
I thought that the first thing I’d write about in this post would be about what we know. But ha. Really — just ha. Because I also think about all that we don’t know. And what of either category simply doesn’t matter?
For anyone wanting to keep up or catch up, so far, the best source for information has been the Cleveland Plain Dealer and you can find all their reports on the Chardon shooting here. I’ve heard multiple news outlets congratulate them throughout the week, and I’d say they’re deserving.
How Low Can We Go?
Mothers Mean Business When It Comes to Governing
Find Me On
2011 Campaign Innovator Award
Category Specific RSSPepper Pike
Notorious Women through History
Our Bodies, Our Blog