Journalist of the Month
The Fix: Best Ohio Political Blogs-2009
The Fix: Best-named blog
2008 Most Influential Person
The New York Times on The New Momism in Politics
The New York Times on Ohio Midterms
The Plain Dealer on electing women The Jewish Weekly on Twitter, Gaza & Israel
The Washington Post on Obama's influence on parenting
- COMMUNITY FORUM on Shared Services/Merger Draft Final Report: November 18 at 7pm, Orange High School
- Graphic Treatment of What You Need To Know About New Abortion Laws
- TONIGHT: Pepper Pike Civic League Candidates & Issues Night
- TODAY: Pepper Pike Ice Cream Social
- August 28 in Cleveland: MARCH ON WASHINGTON FOR JOBS & FREEDOM 50TH ANNIVERSARY!
- Zimon Announces Candidacy for Ohio House District 12
- Political Dynasties: Like Mother or Like Father, Like Daughter
- Finally, the Media Treatment City Council Meetings Deserve
- Decisions by Governor, State Legislators Shut Out Public and Further Erodes Ohio’s Integrity
- [video] “How the New Ohio Budget Affects Your Vagina”
From the very engaged, ever-active, nonpartisan The 2012 Project:
Women currently hold 73 House seats and 17 Senate seats and make up 17 percent of the US Congress. In this election, there are a record 163 women nominees for House and 18 for Senate. The 2012 Project’s campaign to hit “20 Percent in 2012″ requires women to hit 87 House seats and 20 Senate seats after Election Day.
To make the most educated guess, consult the 2012 Election Tracker. Predict how many women you think will win on Nov. 6th and be eligible to win fabulous prizes!!!
First prize: $250 Gift Card
Second prize: a Nespresso coffee machine from Nestlé
Third prize: Swag Bag from Lifetime Television
Contest deadline is Friday, November 2nd at 5:00 p.m. EST.
If you are into fantasy football, this might be for you. It is not as easy as it looks. You might also check out Real Clear Politics and FiveThirtyEight for an assist. Not sure if I’ll give it a try – need sometime to brew over it. What does your gut say – can we break the record?
Mothers Mean Business When It Comes to Governing
Find Me On
2011 Campaign Innovator Award
Category Specific RSSPepper Pike
Notorious Women through History
Our Bodies, Our Blog