Journalist of the Month
The Fix: Best Ohio Political Blogs-2009
The Fix: Best-named blog
2008 Most Influential Person
The New York Times on The New Momism in Politics
The New York Times on Ohio Midterms
The Plain Dealer on electing women The Jewish Weekly on Twitter, Gaza & Israel
The Washington Post on Obama's influence on parenting
Your Elected Officials
- In the PD: “Speak up to attain power, women told”
- How Low Can We Go?
- Another Bucket List Item To Be Achieved!
- Prescription Drug Abuse: Who do you know who is “Legally Addicted”?
- Never Giving Up on Making the Ideal Real
- Journalism? Social Media? What the hell is that thing?
- The Power of the Civic Commons – Watch It
- Sanford, New York Doesn’t Need A Ban on Fracking Talk – They Need the Civic Commons
- One Small Step for Hello Kitty, One Giant Step for Girls in Science
- Statement from Ohio Board of Education President, Debe Terhar, on Hitler Facebook Post
- How Low Can We Go? (1)
- yiran: asasa
- Another Bucket List Item To Be Achieved! (1)
- Beatrice L.: It seems like Gilbert doesn’t care one bit about the ill-will he’s...
- Statement to Ohio Board of Education February 11, 2013 Meeting (3)
- Eric: RE: “ignorance and ideology that only serves to make Americans more uninformed”...
- The Power of the Civic Commons – Watch It (2)
- Statement from Ohio Board of Education President, Debe Terhar, on Hitler Facebook Post (4)
- One Small Step for Hello Kitty, One Giant Step for Girls in Science (1)
- up2jj: It’s really funny!
- How Low Can We Go? (1)
Please join me, Plain Dealer reporter Rachel Dissell, my Civic Commons colleague Dan Moulthrop, Thor Wasbotten, director of Kent State’s School of Journalism, Angie Schmitt, former daily reporter and current blogger at RustWire.com, and Afi-Odelia Scruggs, former PD columnist and current multimedia journalist who writes at PDNowWhat.com Tuesday evening, December 11, 2012 at 7:30pm for a discussion about the our metro paper, its future and more, no doubt. From the event’s Facebook page:
The Plain Dealer’s owner has slashed staff and publication frequency at other daily papers, and some at the PD are speaking out in advance of possible cuts here. Dan Moulthrop of The Civic Commons moderates this panel discussion, which so far includes Rachel Dissell of the PD; Thor Wasbotten, director of Kent State’s School of Journalism; Jill Miller Zimon, Pepper Pike council member and political blogger at WritesLikeSheTalks.com; Angie Schmitt, former daily reporter and current blogger at RustWire.com; and Afi-Odelia Scruggs, former PD columnist and current multimedia journalist who is covering the PD at PDNowWhat.com.
How Low Can We Go?
Mothers Mean Business When It Comes to Governing
Find Me On
2011 Campaign Innovator Award
Category Specific RSSPepper Pike
Notorious Women through History
Our Bodies, Our Blog