Journalist of the Month
The Fix: Best Ohio Political Blogs-2009
The Fix: Best-named blog
2008 Most Influential Person
The New York Times on The New Momism in Politics
The New York Times on Ohio Midterms
The Plain Dealer on electing women The Jewish Weekly on Twitter, Gaza & Israel
The Washington Post on Obama's influence on parenting
Your Elected Officials
- In the PD: “Speak up to attain power, women told”
- How Low Can We Go?
- Another Bucket List Item To Be Achieved!
- Prescription Drug Abuse: Who do you know who is “Legally Addicted”?
- Never Giving Up on Making the Ideal Real
- Journalism? Social Media? What the hell is that thing?
- The Power of the Civic Commons – Watch It
- Sanford, New York Doesn’t Need A Ban on Fracking Talk – They Need the Civic Commons
- One Small Step for Hello Kitty, One Giant Step for Girls in Science
- Statement from Ohio Board of Education President, Debe Terhar, on Hitler Facebook Post
- How Low Can We Go? (1)
- yiran: asasa
- Another Bucket List Item To Be Achieved! (1)
- Beatrice L.: It seems like Gilbert doesn’t care one bit about the ill-will he’s...
- Statement to Ohio Board of Education February 11, 2013 Meeting (3)
- Eric: RE: “ignorance and ideology that only serves to make Americans more uninformed”...
- The Power of the Civic Commons – Watch It (2)
- Statement from Ohio Board of Education President, Debe Terhar, on Hitler Facebook Post (4)
- One Small Step for Hello Kitty, One Giant Step for Girls in Science (1)
- up2jj: It’s really funny!
- How Low Can We Go? (1)
I’ve been writing for a lot of other places – I know. From my post-election night BlogHer column:
What might the United States political world look like in 2016? The predictions began to roll in even before 2012 votes were counted, with Vice President Joe Biden being one of the first to tease about being a candidate — for something — in that year.
My first thought is, just how long is four years anyway? In four years, my second of three children will be starting college and my youngest will be a high school freshman. My own re-election for City Council, should I choose to run again, is next year — and for me, that’s a nine-month birthing event as it is since, with kids, a full-time job, being on Council now and still doing writing and speaking. In case President Obama’s win didn’t demonstrate this axiom enough, planning a campaign out in excrutiating detail is mandatory if you also want to plan on winning.
Only 1458 days left until Election Day 2016! Go read the full post here and get ready!
How Low Can We Go?
Mothers Mean Business When It Comes to Governing
Find Me On
2011 Campaign Innovator Award
Category Specific RSSPepper Pike
Notorious Women through History
Our Bodies, Our Blog